Delta Star Air-Cooled Heat Pump
The Delta Star Air-cooled Heat Pump packs a lot of heating and cooling power into one neat little unit. A convenient and reliable solution for all your heating and chilling needs, our quality titanium construction outshines our competition, making our heat pumps the best choice for use with both fresh and saltwater. Plumb in-line using an external pump to move water through the heat exchanger and over the refrigerant cooled coil.
Delta Star Air-Cooled Heat Pump
- Maintains water temperatures in the range of 40° – 85°F
- Oversized helical titanium coil in the heat exchanger maximizes BTU transfer efficiency.
- TITANIUM is the only HEX material proven to be 100% fish and coral safe in saltwater systems.
- Quiet, internal, spring mounted hermetic motor/compressor provides years of reliable service.
- Low profile and compact design allows for easy placement in tight places.
- Living Exhibits
- Home Aquariums
- Research and Laboratory
- An external pump is required with Delta Star Heat Pumps to move water through the heat exchanger.
- Observe min/max flow rates critical to heat pump operation in ‘Specifications’ table
- Heat pump must not be placed in a confined space, as restricted air flow will limit the efficiency and lifespan of the chiller unit. Do not restrict airflow by placing unit in a cabinet or closet.
- Delta Star heat pumps must be placed indoors. Option for outdoor use with purchase of ‘Outdoor Kit’
Not available for sale in online store. Please contact us for assistance with sizing and purchase.
- Product Literature
- Product Inquiry
- 1/3 Hp – 1 ½ Hp
- Heat or Chill with One Unit
- In-Line Tube In Shell Evaporator
- Titanium Helical Coil
- Fresh or Saltwater Use
- Compact Design
- Quiet Operation
- Black ABS Cover
- Dual Stage Digital Temperature Controller
- Ozone Friendly Refrigerant (134A)
Properly sizing your Delta Star Heat Pump
A number of factors influence the correct size of heat pump required for your application. While standard Btu calculations can be applied, and our Heat Pump Specifications can offer some guidelines, the parameters of your application will be the deciding factor in correct size selection.
Contact us today for help with sizing the perfect unit for your needs.
Things to consider…
Home Aquariums: The life support equipment on your aquarium contributes excess heat to your
system, including pumps, filters, and lighting. Tank material, surface area, plumbing, and sumps
also play a role, as do a number of other seemingly small details. Give us a call and our
experienced technicians will ask the right questions about your set-up to get the answers we need
to size the right unit for you.
Aquaculture/Hatcheries: Beyond the LSS equipment, these systems can be vast and varied in their
set-up, from small indoor hatcheries to huge outdoor fish farms. With so many specific factors to
consider, we are here to help size the right heating and chilling equipment. We have heat pumps,
chillers, heat exchangers, and boilers of every size, so give us a call and tell us what you want to
achieve and we’ll get you exactly what you need.
Hydroponics: Typically hydroponics applications have a relatively low water volume spread out over
a large area, which means a tremendous amount of heat may be gained or lost. Grow lights and
sunlight contribute significantly to water heat and encourage growth fungal growth and disease
that can be harmful to plants. Our heat pumps or chiller can help maintain the optimal growing
water temperature so you can maximize your yield. Call us for assistance with proper sizing.
|MODEL NO||HP||NOMINAL BTUH||REFRIGERANT TYPE / CHARGE||VOLTS / PHASE||WATTS||AMPS.||WATER FLOW RATE (GPM)||AIR OUTLET (CFM)||L||W||H||WO||WC WATER IN OUT (FPT)||SHIPPING WEIGHT (LBS.)||SHIPPING DIMENSION (IN.)|
|DSHP-4||1/3||4,000||R134A / 8.5oz||115||828||7.2||10 - 20||260||22 1/2"||14 1/4"||14"||7 1/2"||3/4"||90||39 x 18 x 16|
|DSHP-5||1/2||6,000||R134A / 10oz||115||1092||9.5||12 - 25||350||24"||15 1/2"||16"||9 1/4"||1 1/2"||135||33 x 26 x 25|
|DSHP-6||1/2||6,000||R134A / 10oz||230 / 1||1104||4.8||12 - 25||350||24"||15 1/2"||16"||9 1/4"||1 1/2"||135||33 x 26 x 25|
|DSHP-7||3/4||9,500||R134A / 3lbs||115||1495||13||15 - 30||590||25"||24"||15"||9 1/4"||170||33 x 26 x 23|
|DSHP-8||3/4||9,500||R134A / 3lbs||230 / 1||1610||7||15 - 30||590||25"||24"||15"||9 1/4"||170||33 x 26 x 23|
|DSHP-9||1||12,000||R134A / 3.5lbs||230 / 1||1656||7.2||20 - 35||610||27"||28"||18"||9 1/4"||180||33 x 26 x 23|
|DSHP-10||1 1/2||21,000||R417A / 4.5lbs||230 / 1||2415||10.5||25 - 40||772||31"||26"||19"||12"||225||36 x 33 x 24|
Interested in this product line? Just fill out the form below and we'll get in touch shortly with answers to your questions and solutions for your problems.